World of Warcraft Quest Help – Basic Commands
By Jillian A Perkins
When in WoW, learning some of the shorthand key commands for basic activities will make your play a lot easier. It can save you having to look up the appropriate command, or make it easier for you to write your own macros. Here is a basic list of some of the World of Warcraft quest help commands that you might find useful during the game.
- /# – sends message to the channel number selected.
- /afk – sets your Away From Keyboard Flay.
- /announcements, /ann – allows you to join or leave announcements on a channel.
- /ban – bans a player from a channel.
- /bind – tells your current bind location.
- /cast ___ – allows you to cast a spell by its name, this is useful for writing your own macros.
- /chat, /chathelp – will show you the chat commands.
- /dnd – sets your Do Not Disturb flag.
- /em – creates an emote.
- /follow, /f – will cause your character to follow the player that is selected.
- /g – sends chat message to all guild members.
- /gdemote – demotes a player to a lower rank in the guild.
- /gdisband – disbands the guild.
- /ghelp – gives a list of guild commands, some may only be used by the guild leader.
- /ghelp – shows a list of all guild commands.
- /ginfo – gives guild information.
- /ginvite – invites another player to join the guild.
- /gleader – makes another player the guild master.
- /gmotd – sets the message of the day.
- /gpromote – promotes a player to a higher rank in the guild.
- /gquit – leave the guild.
- /gremove – removes a player from your guild.
- /groster – shows the guild roster.
- /o – sends chat message to guild officers.
- /party, /p – sends a message to the party chat.
- /played – shows a report of how long you’ve played that character.
- /r – sends a reply to the last person that whispered you.
- /say, /s – send a message to anyone nearby.
- /unban – unbans a player from a channel.
- /who – lists players online.
- /yell, /y – yells a message to the nearby area.
I have been a very keen participant in the wonderful World of Warcraft for a number of years now, and like to consider myself somewhat of an expert, especially when it comes to finding the shortcuts. Visit Warcraft Wild for all the best hints tips and secrets feel free to browse my website and take all the information you want from it.